10.03.2010

Signs without Maps




I'm in a room heated to roughly seventy degrees in a nicely decorated home in Murphysboro, Illinois. The bed I have been sleeping in has more than two pillows on it. My hosts have been accommodating and enjoyable. The dog mounted my head. That's what dogs do when they like you. Seems like Murphysboro has taken a liking to me as well. I've been stuck here waiting for my maps. I left them at my last stop in Farmington, Missouri, which is a hundred miles from here. I was pretty tired then. Was considering taking a train to Chicago. Was considering it. Felt like I was untying a knot with my head. Feel like I'm making the best decision (for myself). Feel like leaving my maps and being forced to rest was a gift. Or a sign. I was just exhausted. Now I have to push on. Thanks again Heather & Jared for the Murphysboro welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment