7.19.2010

My First Post

So. Hello. I'm going to update you on the tour. I've been blogging on Facebook, which I'll continue to do. Although this will be a way to rant in a little more detail. Here's the recap:

July 15

Dear Denver, thanks for the lesson in lung capacity. nude midnight swimming in the creek with the villa villa kula house was nice. I owe you a punch in the lungs.


July 16

Dear Colorado Springs, you accomodated us like the south platte river trail accomodates retirement communities.We were housed well, were given a guided tour of the area, but were surprised by your need to be the home of right wing military officials. Sorry to that old lady with the visor that didnt see me on the path. Thanks for the 80 mile ride. XOXO-Michelle K


July 17

Dear Canon City, you are the lush home of seven prisons, one of which is maximum security, and a river that freely flows over rocks and knocks down small children. You are also oppresively hot at 102 degrees. Thanks for accommodating Ariel, myself, and seven other cyclists in the backyard of Spencer's bike shop. The fi...fty mile ride was worth the river alone. XOXO- Michelle K

July 18

Dear Salida, we found you along the arkansas river seated fifty some odd miles from our last stop. you gave me a free cup of coke. i believe there`s a coke song about giving the world a free beverage. i can assure you that the world would be a better place. thanks for letting us sleep in that barn. XOXO -Michelle


July 19

Dear Gunnison, WE CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN TO GET TO YOU. and what do you give us in return? forty miles of head wind. You have convinced Ariel that there were human pelvis bones on the side of the road. You can`t fool me Gunnison. I am not swayed to delirium by your coquettish mountain charm. The 70 mile ride seemed like a test. of what? i`ll get back to you on that, Gunnison. XOXO -Michelle K

No comments:

Post a Comment